What is NLP?
(Neuro Linguistic Programming)
NLP is the study of human excellence.
NLP is the ability to be your best more often.
NLP is the powerful and practical approach to personal change.
NLP is the new technology of achievement.
(source: ‘NLP The New Technology of Achievement’, pg 27)
"The ability to master your own states by running your own brain"
- Richard Bandler
"The study of excellence and how to reproduce it"
- John Grinder
“At first, NLP seemed like a glittering starlet; then I thought of it as a very mysterious, profound magician; now it is like a loyal, trustworthy friend, that I have no idea how I ever lived without.”
- Gerry Schmidt, NLP Comprehensive Trainer (in ‘NLP The New Technology of Achievement’)
“Essentially, NLP is more an attitude of mind rather than a of techniques. It presents new ways of doing things, and fosters willingness to explore what could be. In other words, it is a way of expanding your own world of possibilities.”
– Presenting Magically, by Tad James & David Shephard.
“NLP is a process of modelling the conscious and unconscious patterns that are unique to each of us in a way that we are continuously moving towards a higher potential.”
- Sue Knight in her book NLP At Work.
So NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) includes:
Neuro: The nervous system (the mind), through which our experience is processed via five senses : Visual ; auditory; kinaesthetic ; olfactory; gustatory
Linguistic: Language and other nonverbal communication systems through which our neural representations are coded, ordered and given meaning.
Programming: The ability to discover and utilize the programs that we run (our communication to ourselves and others) in our neurological systems to achieve our specific and desired outcomes
At the heart of NLP is a wide range of methods and models it offers for understanding how people think, behave and change. It offers a flexible approach which brings about positive, fast change in individuals and organisations and empowers them to adapt to an ever-shifting world. NLP training provides the skills to define and achieve your outcomes or goals and a heightened awareness of your five senses, allowing you to remain flexible, on track and maintain rapport with those around you.
Why People learn NLP?
People learn NLP or Neuro-Linguistic Programming because it gives them the tools and the insights to...
- Become very effective and influential communicators
- Feel more in charge of themselves rather than be at the mercy of events
- Develop themselves - and become more effective in their personal and working lives.
Where NLP can be applied?
NLP can be applied in the following areas:
- Coaching, therapy and counselling to accellerate the changes with clients by
looking at the processes that underlie a particular pattern, emotion or habit.
- Education and training to promote and accelerate learning and memory. NLP is also a valuable tool for teaching and design methods.
- Personal development to remove unresourceful emotions and patters while promoting confidence and self esteem.
- Business to enhance communication and negotiation skills.
- Sports to enhance performance.
- Parenting to assist in clear communication with children from the start.
In management and team leadership NLP is a valuable skills plug-in with which to extend and fine-tune your influence and your ability to communicate, coach, motivate and manage.
Incorporating NLP into your repertoire will enable you to develop the skills, the attitudinal outlook, and the behavioural flexibility with which to improve your performance in a world of flatter corporate structures, cross-functional responsibilities, complex relationships, stressed workforces, and local and remote team-working.
When you apply NLP in selling you will increase your customer satisfaction rating and your repeat business. The approach enables you to ensure that you match your products or services to your customer's precise needs...
...and ensure that your customer is aware of how carefully you are attending to their needs!
By doing this you are positioning yourself differently in the mind of your customer. You're no longer just another 'rep' or even a salesperson. In their mind you become 'someone-to-be-consulted and a valuable resource rather than a nuisance-to-be-tolerated.
To learn the basic NLP then Register NOW!!